Skip to main content

AirDrop Not Working? This fixed mine!

AirDrop, Apple's somewhat unknown feature, works on most modern Macs.  What it does:  It allows you to drop a file to another Mac, over Wifi.

Want to know more about it?  Look here:  http://osxdaily.com/2011/11/14/how-to-use-airdrop-in-mac-os-x/

But, you need to be able to see other users to use it.  For some reason, my Mac, running Mountain Lion, just stopped showing other users, I couldn't see them & they couldn't see me.  I was worried that I would have to reinstall my OS, which may not have fixed it.  Then, I found this script for Terminal.  Now, I am Not a Terminal expert, but this was just a cut / paste fix.

To find Terminal on your Mac, go to Applications / Utilities / Terminal.  Cut / Paste this code and press Enter.

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

Launch Airdrop as normal, and you should be back up and running!

Popular posts from this blog

Spike Prime Printable Blocks

As I prepare for coaching Middle Schoolers here in Waupaca for FIRST Lego League, I am trying to teach kids to code the SPIKE Prime Lego robots. This has its challenges. Some kids take to coding well, and some need more visuals to guide them. Teams may also want to whiteboard out their coding concepts.  I created this set of printable Word Blocks as a resource for printing, laminating, and maybe adding some magnets to the back. This allows me to put up code in a demonstration, or my teams to talk about how to achieve things after they have done some pseudo-coding of their projects. Having manipulative items are always nice for hands-on coding practice.  Whiteboard Word blocks for Proportional Line follow. Here is my collection of laminated word blocks Below are the files I created for creating these blocks. Feel free to use, but maybe send me a note & follow on twitter. @artschultz13 Direct link to folder shown below.

Graphic Organizers and Canva

Getting students to keep on task, keeping organized is a hard part of teaching in a middle school. I coach a Robotics team, and I also work with teachers to try to build their capacity for technology skills.  One way I try to help my kids is to teach teachers to create Graphic Organizers. Canva is a free tool that is great for creating all sorts of publications, videos, and even documents and websites. The tool is very flexible and allows you to upload graphics, or borrow from theirs. It has many great features for teachers, including classroom tools for creating alongside of your students. There are great tutorials for teachers, at: https://www.canva.com/designschool/tutorials/canva-for-teachers/ If you are not already using Canva, teachers can sign up for an upgrade through their verification process, and get it for free. Go to Canva.com/education Graphic Organizers Graphic organizers are a way to break down complicated problems into more manageable pieces. The often use colors ...

Trading Cards for Historical Figures

Trading Cards for Historical Figures 'King Kelly' via CC2.0 I was asked by a teacher in my building to help make a template for students to make 'historical figures trading cards'.  Not old baseball cards. Basically a sports card, that students could edit to show details about a person that they could research. The template is linked below the video clip. Here is my short explanation of how to modify... Here is my template for Making a Trading Card in Google Drawings . Hope this helps you!